Summer is a great time to entertain and take advantage of the delicious fruits available. Here are four yummy, healthy and simple desserts to make for your family and friends. Enjoy!
Grilled Peaches with Yogurt and Honey
- 4 medium ripe peaches, cut in half (pit removed)
- 1/2 cup honey flavored fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsps honey
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Grill peaches cut side down on low or indirect heat until soft (about 2-4 minutes on each side).
- Combine yogurt and cinnamon.
- Pour 1 tbsp yogurt over each peach half.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
Banana Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas frozen
- Optional toppings: nuts, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, strawberries or blusberries
- Place 4 frozen bananas into the food processor and mix until creamy.
- Scoop into individual bowls.
- Top with whatever you love best. My favorites include nuts, chocolate syrup, blueberries, strawberries or sprinkles.
Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- 4-5 cups sliced and peeled peaches (Tip – Lightly score the bottom of peach with an X and then blanch peaches for about a minute in boiling water. Run cold water on peaches as you gently pull skin right off).
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-6 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Toss berries, fruit, lemon juice & 3 tbsps maple syrup in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix almond meal, oatmeal, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsps of maple syrup and 4 tbsps coconut oil and mix until just combined. More coconut oil can be added to get desired consistency.
- Crumble the mixture over the top of the fruit and then bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is browned and fruit is bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 2 cups fresh ripe strawberries, cored and quartered
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup (maple syrup can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- In medium sauce pan, simmer the strawberries and agave until very soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into blender or food processor, add lemon juice and pulse until fruit is pureed but not liquefied. You should have about a cup.
- Chill and refrigerate until cool.
- Stir in yogurt into chilled mixture and combine.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to eat, run warm water over the outside of mold and gently pull popsicle out.
To leave a comment on this article or any other blog entry, please fill in the “Leave a Comment” box under each blog entry on our site: Heels to Laces