Welcome subscribers! Quick reminder…Your VIP shopping pass gives you discounts to Batavia, Skin Deep Salon and Spa, Summit Running Co., Summit Health Shoppe, Bella Ro and K2 Fitness.
You can take advantage of the savings every time you shop!
15 Tips For Acing a Holiday Party:
1. Get in a high intensity AM workout – a one-hour workout is only 4% of your day.
2. Cheat before you go…eat a healthy snack (oatmeal, apple w/peanut butter, hummus & carrots) before a party or dinner so you don’t over-indulge once you arrive.
3. Put your heels on…the higher, the better the workout for your calves.
4. When the festivities begin, relax and enjoy the moment.
5. Bring it. Ask your hostess if you can bring a dish to the party. This guarantees one healthy option.
7. It’s ok to wine. Why we love it – it has less calories than most cocktails and red wine is loaded with antioxidants and resveratrol (good for your heart and brain).
6. Choose your signature drink wisely. If having a mixed drink, choose seltzer vs. tonic water/ juice and add a lemon or lime. You will cut your liquid calories in half (for a hint of sweetness, add a splash of cranberry juice).
8. Drink 10 oz. of water after every cocktail. Water will fill you up (and cut down on the hang-over).
9. When perusing the hors d’oeuvre table, choose protein over carbs. Be mindful, most dips are hidden calories traps (yes, we are talking about the artichoke dip!).
10. If sitting down for dinner, load the plate with veggies and eat them first (maybe skip the marshmallow coated sweet potatoes 😉 )
11. If you overeat at one meal go light on the next. It takes 500 calories per day (or 3,500 calories per week) above your normal consumption to gain one pound. It is impossible to gain weight from one piece of pie!
12. Eat your favorite foods…don’t deprive yourself of the things you love…just keep it in moderation (and save some for others).
13. Be realistic. Don’t try to lose pounds during the holidays, instead try to maintain your current weight.
14. Find that balance. Stay on track the days before and after a party.
15. Wake up the next day, put on your laces and sweat.